The Corona Virus (or Covid19) Pandemic has brought the whole world to its knees. Production has stopped, industries are at a standstill, and everyone is worried and scared. But it doesn’t mean we won’t bounce back!
Governments are taking precautions and locking cities down. Most educated people are socially distancing themselves and it is only a matter of time before we, as a race, defeat the virus and get back to our normal lives.
This time, the lock down phase, is when most of us are at home and keeping a distance from all kinds of social distractions. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity for most of us! You can pick up a habit, read on the books you wanted to, watch your shows and spend more time with family. At the same time it is also a period which if utilised properly, can help a lot of us in planning our career goals once the pandemic ends.
Why is it the best time to get started on your resume and plan your career goals?
- You have all the time in the world.
- To collate all the information you can.
- To dig deeper to uncover your accomplishments from the past years.
- To try out multiple formats.
- To evaluate and re-evaluate your career goals.
- Once the dust on Covid19 settles, all corporations would want to compensate the loss made due to this pandemic. It will either happen through
- Layoffs / Deferring of Pay – in which case you would need a resume immediately
- Increased Production / More Hiring – in which case there would be more opportunities in the market to grab, again demanding your resume
- If you want to engage a professional for your resume, now is when most professionals will be able to give you a LOT of their time on discussions and revisions. Once the crisis is over, most professionals will be overbooked.
- Even if you want to write your resume yourself, again it is not a one-day job. Start now!
If you are safe and healthy and under a lockdown, utilise this time well for the aftermath hiring rush.
Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home!