Resume of Tax Accountant in Text Format
Contact : 9953776253 | Email: email@example.com |LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT -leveraging +10 years of experience
Senior Tax Accountant with 10+ years of experience with comprehensive tax preparation and auditing tasks. Proficient in generally accepted accounting principles and related accounting and tax preparation software. Consistently and effectively delivering accounting services that enhance the company's purpose and profitability. Strong technical accounting skills In-depth knowledge of accounting and tax regulations and standards. Expertise and multitalented professional with exceptional financial knowledge. Expert level knowledge in implications of new financial policies for new business developmental aspects. Proficiency in the preparation and timely completion of the individual, corporation, and partnership returns.
- Highly skilled in accumulating, analysing, and processing financial accounting data in order to prepare tax returns, estimated tax payments, forecasts and financial accounting estimates of tax
- Ability to use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service
- Proficient in supporting strategies by researching and analysis of federal, state, and local and state law and its application to business taxation issues.
- Rich experience of preparing federal and income tax returns of the company or individuals.
- Track record for collecting tax-related information & advising the management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies.
- Software Proficiency
- Budgeting Procedure
- Cash Management
- Data Analysis
- Forecast Planning
- Financial Auditing
- Asset Management
- Cost Accounting
Space Consultants, Greater Noida
Growth Path :
Senior Tax Accountant | Jan. 2017 – Aug. 2021 <- Tax Accountant | Jun. 2015 - Jan. 2017
- Prepares and files sales and use tax returns for numerous states and local taxing jurisdictions.
- Develops tangible personal property tax forms for a variety of states, as well as reviewing fixed asset detail reports for reasonableness and accuracy, validating associated billings, and processing payments.
- Provides general support and reviews the work of other staff accountants.
- Review deadline-driven tax return accuracy, monthly account analyses, and the reasonableness of account balances.
- Analyses and reconciles sales tax accrual accounts, use tax accrual accounts, wire payment account, audit payment schedule, and keeps accurate records to assist in the monthly closure process.
- Serves as the company lead on sales and use tax audits for assigned jurisdictions.
- Audit duties include providing detailed schedules, customized ledger queries, regular communication with personnel in the field, and regular contact with the auditor.
- Researches state sales tax regulations for transaction taxability and how they apply to the company's existing and future operations.
Tax Accountant | Jun. 2015 - Jan. 2017
- Assisted management in compiling and comparing financial data from non-profit organisations on an individual, district, and state level & ensured periodic and quarterly tax filings are performed timely and accurately.
- Worked extensively with bookkeeping software, check book programmes, tax preparation software, and Microsoft Office
- Examined new software for bookkeeping systems that will be utilised in non-profit customers' offices around the state.
- Assisted with the deployment, training, and support of new bookkeeping software used by non-profit clients.
- Supported client’s tax filings by collecting and analysing financial or operational information and prepared supporting work papers.
- Researched and documented various compliance requirements in response to client operations or new initiatives.
- Researched and implemented new tax preparation software for paperless record keeping system to be utilised for the benefit of all clients.
Clarivate, Greater Noida|Aug. 2013 – May 2015
- Assisted with preparation of the state tax return workpapers and reviewed the tax returns prepared by outside providers
- Assisted with the annual income tax provision processes and related financial statement disclosures. Coordinated and reviewed tax provision calculations prepared by outside service providers
- Communicated with clients to request data, respond to questions, and participate in client meetings as a support role for the lead advisor
- Supported the tax department in managing tax notices, payments and any ad hoc projects
- Supported multi-state tax audits, including data collection for timely responses to information requests
- Managed tax calendar, maintaining due dates for tax filings and payments and prepared quarterly federal and state income tax estimates and extensions
- Collaborated with outside service providers and coordinates property tax and other business tax processes
- Participated in tax process optimization, developed and implemented procedural changes and processed improve the tax function.
Lalit Tayal & Associates , Lucknow |Mar. 2010 – July 2013
- Prepared and reviewed tax returns and other projects, including communicating with clients, identifying and solving complex issues and monitoring the efficient completion of engagements.
- Assisted lead partners in serving as primary contact for multiple clients in order to maintain and strengthen the relationship.
- Analysed and reviewed sales and use tax, property tax, annual reports and business license matters.
- Created projections and analysed data used to advise clients about financial and tax planning.
- Ensured accuracy of fixed asset reports from BNA for tax depreciation and property tax reporting.
- Researched and remained current on tax compliance, including but not limited to use taxes and income tax.
- Performed research related to tax laws and procedures, disclosures and elections.
- Prepared comprehensive tax work papers, account reconciliations, responses to audit requests, research memos and correspondence and maintains records related to income tax returns and report.
- Continued development of fundamental knowledge of tax laws, rulings, regulations and judicial decisions affecting corporations.
SnapHunt, Lucknow Jan. 2007 – Apr. 2010
Junior Tax Accountant
- Responsible for keeping accounting records for one of the largest companies, and recording those records into the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Received, reviewed, and posted all accounting records for bonds, equities, and certain short-terms.
- Prepared various worksheets to provide outstanding payments and other investment analytics, which led to increased productivity within the department.
- Utilized communication skills by contacting various banks and other investment firms, which allowed for less adjustments at month-end balancing.
- Assisted in Software Upgrades as Assistant Administrator to Accounting System (CAMRA) which led to the Administrator having more time to focus on other matters.
- Performed general accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis, balance sheet reconciliations.
- Accurately reconciled bank statements to clients' books and prepared financial statements, payroll, quarterly reports.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Accounting | Indraprastha University , Lucknow | 2007
Master of Business Administration | Welingar Institute of Management and Research |2010
Certificates : ICA Certificate in Accounting | Advanced Certificate Course on GST
Technical Skills: MS Office | GAAP | Data Analysis | ERP Software
Languages Known : English & Hindi
~References and other document’s available upon request ~
Tax Accountant Resume Sample, Resume Examples 2021, Resume Examples 2022
Get a resume like this
Explore more Samples