Resume of Systems Engineering Manager in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : email@example.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING MANAGER -leveraging +9 years of experience
Successful System Engineering Manager with more than 9 years of consistent contributions in software development in the networking industry. Extensive experience continuously improving processes and products by meeting and exceeding performance and reliability requirements. Effective hands-on leader with outstanding success in developing applications to analyze sales growth and marketing strategy for established and start-up firms.
Proven track record of building large, motivated engineering teams and managing complex projects spread by coordinating multiple business units in US, Canada and India. Strong collaborative leader adept in delivering a product as a team and partnering with peers across the organization. Excel in reaching out to people, working out strategies together and developing positive relationships.
- Proven leadership characteristics and have successfully managed high performing software engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Proficient in managing and monitoring all infrastructure and system installations, including configurations, testing, and maintenance
- Accomplished in providing recommendations for continued system support, interacting with outside agencies for the resolution of system issues, and working with network security to implement security policies and directives.
- Extensive knowledge of servers, hubs, routers, switches, core functionality, patch panels, load balancers, Firewalls, VPNs, and other communications based devices
- Highly efficient in installing and configuring operating systems, software, and hardware components, and to document the design, maintenance, and support procedures for routine tasks to leverage IT support staff
- Skilled at engaging with upper management regularly with reports on project status, activities, and achievements
- Experience in programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
- Network Security
- Storage Virtualization S
- tatistical Analysis
- Cloud Services
- TCP/IP Protocol
- Algorithm Design & Development
- Network Infrastructure Administration
- Scripting Skills
- Research & Development
PCS , Pune Jan. 2018 – Sept. 2021
Senior Systems Engineering Manager
- Provided complete end to end support for a 150+ person software development organization reporting to the VP of R&D.
- Responsible for the strategy, planning, direction, and coordination of all activities associated with our R&D infrastructure and managed a small team of systems engineers.
- Formulated the infrastructure's strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives, coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future systems across the R&D organization.
- Contributed vision and leadership are consistent with the company's technology strategic plans and objectives to deliver technology initiatives in support of the growth of the R&D organization and new product releases.
- Maintained multiple large-scale physical & virtual lab systems and developed the Windows domain utilizing Altiris Deployment Solution for system imaging and VMware ESX, vCenter, Lab Manager, VCD, Workstation, and Hyper-V virtualization platforms.
- Managed multiple enterprise applications to support a large-scale R&D team (defect tracking, configuration management, version control, test case management, SharePoint, etc.) organization and maintained 99.999% uptime on all production servers and applications.
NatWest Group, Pune Apr. 2015 – Dec 2017
Systems Engineering Manager
- Provided technical and managerial oversight for 25 staff members consisting of Enterprise Systems Administrators, Senior Unix Administrators, Citizens' IT Disaster Recovery Program, and Citizens' Operations Management Center which includes the Change Management program.
- Managed the implementation of java based tier III application systems that utilize Tomcat and WebSphere middleware.
- Managed operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Served as the solutions architect for Citizens' Guidewire implementation providing future and current infrastructure needs based on business strategies, operations, security, capacity planning, and disaster recovery requirements.
- Managed resources to support on-time and on-budget delivery of operational activities, from initial estimates through to operational steady state of systems.
- Managed the operational transition, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems.
B.C.L. Finance and Securities, Mumbai Apr. 2013 – Jan. 2015
Systems Engineering Manager
- Managed multiple large-scale infrastructure projects including: - Upgraded cable and HSI provisioning system and applications for 70,000 customers with minimal impact and no unplanned downtime.
- Consolidated and migrated 8 aging SQL servers into a HA SQL cluster, and implemented data warehouse repository using Oracle and MS SQL source data.
- Led team of 5 Systems Engineers and administrators responsible for: - Architecting, deploying, and production support new/upgraded HW & SW infrastructure.
- Reported, capacity planning, and operational monitoring for cable and HSI networks in Central Oregon.
- Developed strategic capacity planning & reporting in order to build and retain a competitive advantage.
- Balanced requests from the field for help with CCSI business to cover all costs and complete all projects on time Increased staging capacity by integrating automated tools into the staging process saving two to three weeks on large systems and enabling the department to ship more systems.
- Optimized staging process during busy quarters by utilizing teams of experts to provision features on multiple systems in parallel.
Cognivate, Mumbai Apr. 2012 – Mar. 2013
Junior Systems Engineering Manager
- Performed security studies and assessments that reviewed all aspects of security including implementation of intrusion detection systems.
- Generated system requirements on new modifications pertaining to Security and Information Assurance.
- Performed root cause determination through technical analysis Manages the Disaster Recovery Program, program staff members, and planning activities.
- Able to save over $500k with vendor negotiations for new capital expenditures and renegotiating existing contracts.
- Responsible for Special Projects, including the implementation of a CRM system to serve as a data warehouse to consolidate all customer and network solution information.
- Coordinated meetings between the Sales Group and Engineering to discuss overall architecture and integration of customers
- Served to improve the technical knowledge of the sales staff, making them more effective on sales calls.
- Played a key role with Sales Staff, as a Pre-Sales Engineer, in the presentation of the Strait shot network product to customers.
- Provided systems-level guidance to the software architecture team on new products and our customer-facing software update and entitlement system.
- Provided backup support for all network engineering projects (i.e. firewall upgrades and maintenance).
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science | Delhi Technological University 2012
Certificates: Project Management Professional (PMP) | Engineer In Training Certification (EIT) | Program Management Professional (PgMP)
Databases: MongoDB, SQL, and PostgreSQL
Languages Known : English & Hindi
~References and other document’s available upon request ~
Systems Engineering Manager Resume Sample, Resume Examples 2022
Get a resume like this
Explore more Samples