Resume of Shipping and Receiving Supervisor in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : email@example.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING SUPERVISOR -leveraging 8+ years of experience
A results-driven professional with extensive experience in operations, analysis, logistics, distribution, shipping, and receiving. Experienced at organizing and collaborating with colleagues in a team-oriented setting to maximise efficiency. Multitasking expert who can complete numerous things at once while paying special attention to details in a timely and thorough manner.
- Skilled to direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Proficient to develop new processes and procedures related to the MRP system to improve receiving and inventory tractability reducing delays in manufacturing.
- Adept to coordinate the flow of inbound and outbound traffic; negotiating pricing with domestic and overseas carriers; expediting
- Safety Rules
- Safety Procedures
- Timely Delivery
- Raw Materials
- Company Policies
- Warehouse Operations
- Purchase Orders
- Shipment Data
- Customer Requirements
- Performance Reviews
- International Shipments
Gap Inc., Noida Sept. 2016 – Present
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
- Provided mail and shipping support for company personnel.
- Engaged and built positive relationships, maintaining positive communications with vendors, and mail and shipping couriers.
- Involved in package handling, loading, and unloading from trucks, receiving the incoming shipment and delivering to the customer, sorted mail and delivering to clients.
- Used postage meters, helped with the training of international shipping, filling out, and using of custom forms.
- Provided postage and shipping cost, worked with shipping regional reps to negotiate sales business solutions and discount rates for the business.
- Serviced copiers and printers by clearing paper jams, loading paper, checking for computer locations, servicing needs, refilled toner ink, taking meter reads, and called for technical support when needed.
- Restocked areas with paper, office supplies, kitchen supplies, and hospitality.
Gramfactory Warehouse, Greater Noida Jan. 2014 – Aug. 2016
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
- Prepared shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines the most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packed items to ensure safe delivery.
- Checked items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantity, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorted, counted, packaged, labeled, insured, unpacked, and/or logged inventory that is shipped or received.
- Inspected shipments for damages or defects; recorded discrepancies or damages and notifies the supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Traced lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Maintained department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
Education – MBA, UPES Dehradun, 2014
BBA, Delhi University, 2012
Languages Known: English, French & Hindi
~References and other documents available upon request ~