Resume of Purchasing Executive in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : email@example.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresume
PURCHASING EXECUTIVE -leveraging 12+ years of experience
Accomplished Purchase Executive with over 12+ years of progressive experience offering great leadership and innovative solutions to increase revenues while lowering operational costs. Cross-functional competence in purchasing, international trading, supply chain services, consumer electronics, real estate development, B2B online platforms, logistics, relationship management, and the development of integrated process improvements. Design, develop, and implement long-term solutions to boost efficiency and bottom-line revenues, utilising finance and accounting skills to guarantee the company's financial objectives are accomplished. Develop and implement resource-saving procedures that result in lower overhead and higher earnings. Focused on customer satisfaction and timely delivery of requirements to achieve retention and loyalty. Innovative thinker and experienced negotiator capable of establishing strategic vendor/supplier partnerships that lead to performance-based, low-cost contracts
- Skilled in conducting market research to keep abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Proficient in inspecting stock and reporting any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately.
- Adept in updating and maintaining records of all orders, payments, and received stock.
- Competent in coordinating with the delivery team and following up on delays or orders that have been rescheduled.
- Highly skilled in attending product launches and networking with industry professionals.
- Responsible for establishing professional relationships with clients as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Industry Research
- Supplier Relationships
- Operational Planning
- Supply Chain
- Vendor Relationships
- Bid Preparation
- Bid Evaluation
- Contract Administration
- Order Management
- Supplier Performance
- Market Research
- Supply Chain
- Strategic Sourcing
- On-Time Delivery
- Ensure Compliance
Gap Inc., Noida Sept. 2017 – Present
- Oversee all operations within the purchasing department, including facility maintenance for three separate properties including equipment, janitorial and grounds with a staff that includes eight employees, two purchasing agents, three material handlers, and one material supervisor and two facility maintenance employees.
- Responsible for putting procedures in place to make the company more profitable by eliminating major interruptions in production due to depleted inventory.
- Direct personnel on how to properly maintain incoming raw materials cost that exceeds $16 million annually.
- Create the tracking system of raw materials and development of requisitions process.
- Introduce the company to Kanban systems, VMI programs and implemented a jit inventory system.
- Negotiate costs for hundreds of raw materials, which includes putting contracts in place for all types of metals, motors, aluminum extrusions, actuators, and fasteners.
- Develop task teams to reduce waste and identify areas that could help the company become aware of green incentives while bringing in more dollars for the company.
- Experience with brokers, logistics, and customs on getting materials to the company in a timely manner.
Gramfactory Warehouse, Greater Noida Jan. 2016 – Aug. 2017
- Processed all orders for packaging supplies, housekeeping supplies, office supplies, maintenance, safety supplies, research & development, and capital expense purchases.
- Responsible for finished goods inventory, making sure to maintain min/max levels to avoid any outages and fulfill all customer requests.
- Build and maintained relationships with manufacturer representatives to negotiate pricing, terms, freight, return allowances.
- Worked with the quality control department to rectify any customer complaints or quality issues with inventory and follow up with suppliers to ensure any issues are addressed, corrected and credited if required.
- Provided total follow-up on all orders, from the time the order is placed until it is received.
- Assisted product development and the engineering department in developing and sourcing out new items.
- Evaluated the vendors and source out new vendors for bidding requests.
- Provided assistance to the accounts payable department including receiving all items from deliveries and assist with any price discrepancies on invoices from the approved purchase order.
- Provided research for customer service on custom quotes, lead time and back order status.
wellOwise Noida Apr. 2012 – Dec 2013
- Managed small purchasing office for a growing city, including coordination of procurements of all sizes, oversight of professional service and capital improvement project contract management section.
- Oversight of centralized warehouse with over $4m in inventory with a concentration on materials to support the city's utility division.
- Supervised staff of eight, oversight of procurement and travel card program, oversight of communications device program.
- Updated and simplified purchasing thresholds, increasing efficiency in the purchasing process and allowing management /governing body to focus on higher risk/higher cost procurements, received unanimous approval of the city council.
- Developed and implemented standard forms such as invitations to bid, requests for proposals, request for qualifications and standard terms and conditions, where none existed previously.
- Developed and implemented an automated documentation form for procurements delegated to non-purchasing staff.
- Developed departmental training program including all associated documentation which received approval of the City Manager and CFO.
- Successfully implemented program to all internal departments and developed post audit procedure to monitor compliance.
Enrage Tech, Greater Noida Jan. 2011 – Apr. 2011
- Responsible for sourcing equipment, goods, and services by using an MRP system to plan, schedule, and maintain an inventory control system used to manage the manufacturing processes.
- Organized procurement records such as items purchased, costs delivery, and product quality.
- Collected and maintained supplier surveys and vendor evaluations in compliance with company policy.
- Managed the shipping department, and controlled all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Negotiated purchases to ensure the lowest cost consistent with company standards for quality products.
- Created and calculated purchase orders to follow price quotes and reductions.
- Conquered the ability to access and utilize supply and acquisition information to maintain files of supply inventory.
- Proven ability to analyze data to determine the root cause of a problem, develop alternatives, to then make recommendations in order to resolve a wide variety of logistic-related problems.
- Resolved critical inventory discrepancies by performing research and following up on supplies received.
Deutsche Bahn AG, Greater Noida Sept. 2010 – Dec. 2010
- Presented production control and procurement information to large groups of colleagues, customers as well as key stakeholders/upper executives
- Utilized ERP systems, MPS Reports and additional technology to maximize productivity
- Lead complex projects delivering each on time and under budget while exceeding client expectations
- Responsible for improving methods for developing purchase orders, production scheduling, lead times, logistic and overall documentation
- Improved our production strategy and functionality within the areas of supplier sourcing, supply management, process improvement and cost efficiency.
- Conducted a detailed supplier review to source an alternate cone packaging supplier in proximity to the factory, reducing lead time from 3 to 10 days.
- Managed the packaging change, reducing the use of printed cartons by 60%, to save 30% in printing costs.
- Built relationships with third party vendors, negotiating to sell waste by pound, at best possible rate, thus partially recovering the costs.
- Developed protocols to improve the efficiency of preparing all purchase orders which expedited materials delivery from suppliers and developed a supply plan to achieve targeted dates.
Education – MBA, UPES Dehradun, 2010
BBA, Delhi University, 2008
Languages Known: English, Spanish & Hindi
~References and other documents available upon request ~