Resume of Legal Secretary in Text Format
Phone: 9953776253 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org| LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
LEGAL SECRETARY- leveraging 6+ years of experience
Diligent Legal Secretary with an industry experience of over six years. Efficiently provide administrative support to the attorneys in legal secretarial and administrative tasks. Exhibits strong proficiency in typing, docketing and monitoring legal deadlines. Advanced competency in core professional skills, especially dexterity, responsiveness and follow-through.
- Excellent knowledge of legal administrative practices, federal court rules and civil cases.
- Prior litigation experience with the ability to create pleading and briefs.
- Mobility and manual dexterity to work in a legal/paralegal office environment.
- Ability to compose correspondence and legal documents.
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Governance
- Commercial Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Administrative Support
- Legal Writing
- Legal Compliance
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Research
- Labor and Employment Law
NISA Global (NISA Group of Companies), New Delhi | Jan. 2020 – Present
- Work closely with attorneys to provide legal administrative support and assist in handling critical legal matters.
- Perform a variety of legal secretarial and administrative duties for Company’s legal staff.
- Draft and format legal documents using accurate terminology and procedures for filing in the Courts.
- Maintain appointment calendars and be responsible for scheduling a variety of meetings.
- Scan and organize legal documents in case management system.
- Compile and assemble various legal materials from files and other sources for the attorney's use in providing legal representation or assistance and in preparation of other legal documents and opinions
- Perform administrative duties within the clerical support system; recommends improvements in workflow, procedures and use of equipment and forms; performs special projects and assignments as requested.
- Contact the public and outside agencies in acquiring and providing information and making referrals
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Assist in maintaining the law library and on-line databases
- Sort and file documents and reports according to predetermined classifications maintaining alphabetical, index and cross-reference files.
- Prepare, in compliance with court rules, legal documents relating to legal matters.
- Documents may include but are not limited to summons, complaints, motions, notices, court forms, pleadings, and legal opinions.
- Create and proofread legal documents, reports, and letters utilizing legal software applications and by following marginal notes and attorney instructions.
- Input into case management system all data contained in the legal file such as correspondence, notices, legal documents, billing, and expenditures.
Nouvel Facilities Pvt Ltd., New Delhi | July. 2016 – Nov. 2019
- Supported the work of the onsite legal team comprising attorneys and paralegals.
- Offered administrative support including transcribing, drafting, formatting, and proofreading documents such as emails, letters, reports, and memos putting them into final form for delivery to internal and external parties.
- Entered and maintaining data in client resource database.
- Provide attorneys with administrative support such as, but not limited to, email, calendar, contact management, event, travel and meeting planning.
- Created detailed itineraries, and submitted attorney time (DTE).
- Opened new client matters, and handled administrative requests and projects as assigned.
- Interacted with clients, attorneys and internal staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintained contact sheets and desk profiles while working with fellow attorney support assistants.
- Coordinated coverage with team attorney support assistants when absent or away from workstation.
- Planned for and coordinated deposition set-up with deposition vendors and prepared subpoenas for service.
- Prepared a variety of litigation pleadings and electronically file and serve court documents as required by the court.
- Assisted with litigation preparation and trial preparation; draft documents for trials, including the TOAs and TOCs.
- Drafted legal documents for review and use by attorneys.
- Reviewed, proofread and edited a variety of legal documents.
- Composed and proofread correspondence not subject to legal interpretation.
- Proficiently transcribed audio recordings, ensuring 99.9%+ accuracy.
- Coordinated and scheduled travel arrangements, appointments, and meetings, recording and tracking associated expense reports.
- Recorded client billing transactions in management system, serving as point of contact for monthly invoice inquiries
Nouvel Facilities Pvt Ltd., New Delhi | July. 2014 – Jun. 2016
- Managed day-to-day activities in the paralegal office including answering and directing phone calls.
- Provided general support to visitors, assisting with office appearance, safety, and organization. Maintained office inventory, ordering supplies and other items.
- Scheduled conference calls and appointments. Submitted attorney expense reports and keeping detailed records of charges and reimbursements.
- Prepared, standard legal documents i.e., briefs, motions, summonses etc. Handled routine inquiries in Attorney's absence i.e., negotiated extensions of time. Resolved scheduling conflicts with Attorney's approval
- Responded efficiently to written and telephone inquiries with a standard letter. Established, maintained, and revised attorney's files
- Education – BBA LLB National Law University Jodhpur | 2014
- Certification – Legal Secretary Certification
- Skills – 70+ WPM, Microsoft Suite, Intuit QuickBooks
Languages Known: English, French, Latin & Hindi
Legal Secretary Resume Samples, Resume Examples 2023
Get a resume like this
Explore more Samples