Resume of Insurance Underwriter in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : email@example.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
INSURANCE UNDERWRITER-leveraging 7+ years of experience
Extensive expertise of 7+ years in assessing insurance proposals, collecting background information and risk assessments, evaluating statistical data using specialist computer programs, determining rates, and creating insurance policy terms and conditions. Skilled in evaluating the possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance; examining documents to determine the degree of risk from such factors as applicant financial standing and value and condition of the property. Effective communicator who excels at performing risk assessment, reviewing and evaluating insurance applications, and providing beneficial advice and support to clients.
- Skilled in negotiating and defining the specific terms of insurance policies with brokers or policyholders
- Adept at reviewing insurance applications for compliance and adherence
- Responsible for preparing reports that detail risk assessment findings that contribute to the final decision.
- Excellent in comparing various policies having similar risk undertaking and conducting actuarial studies to decide on the company’s loss records.
- Proficient in writing quotes, determining premiums and coverage, and negotiating terms with brokers and clients.
- Underwriting Guidelines
- Risk Assessment
- Financial Management
- Credit & Income Analysis
- Account Service Excellence
- Cash-Flow Analysis
- Funding & Documentation
- Development Financial Analysis
Greenlam Industries ltd, Noida | Jan. 2019 – Present
- Review insurance applications and endorsements to evaluate submissions information required to accept or reject new policies based on underwriting guidelines.
- Assess risk quality for an in-force book of business through a renewal review process to ensure compliance within company guidelines and initiate appropriate loss prevention actions.
- Research and follow through with requests for missing information from agency partners maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Communicate daily with agents via telephone, internal diary, and email to assist in risk placement and rating, obtain information, and answer agent inquiries.
- Communicate with field reps and other insurance or inspection companies to obtain information, answer inquiries, or explain company underwriting policies.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external customers/co-workers including, Actuary, Marketing, IT, and Claims in order to attract and retain profitable business.
Sahni Natarajan & Bahl, Greater Noida | Apr. 2015 – Dec 2018
- Analyzed and reviewed lines of business to develop recommendations and assist in achieving and maintaining a profitable book of business.
- Responsible for acceptance continuation, proper pricing, placement, and termination of risk or other policy limitations within assigned levels of authority.
- Consulted/communicated/advised Agents and policyholders on the company and industry policies in their assigned area regarding loss mitigation, loss control; and marketing opportunities.
- Rated submissions and endorsements to support the rate structure proposed by the underwriter and provide the underwriter with all of the underwriting data required to evaluate the risk.
- Acted as liaison between various departments and Underwriting to ensure policies are issued correctly and premiums are booked and billed properly.
Education – MBA (Accounting and Finance) | VIPS | 2015
BBA, Indraprastha University | 2013
Languages Known: English, Hindi, and Spanish
~References and other documents available upon request ~
Insurance Underwriter Resume Sample, Resume Examples 2022
Get a resume like this
Explore more Samples