Resume of Information Security Specialist in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST -leveraging +9 years of experience
Senior solutions-oriented Information Security Specialist with experience managing complex IT environments and developing successful technical solutions for industry leaders. High expertise in directing risk management initiatives while establishing, implementing and enhancing key information security objectives. Proven ability to design and regulate critical security programs with in-depth operational supervision of incidents and emergency disaster recovery. Known for cross-functionally collaborating with diverse teams and communicating with stakeholders at all levels of a corporation.
Hands-on experience leading all stages of system development efforts, including requirements definition, design, architecture, testing, and support. Outstanding project and program leader; able to coordinate and direct all phases of project-based efforts while managing, motivating and guiding teams.
- Adept at administering and troubleshooting network systems and servers, as well as executing network security and system upgrades.
- Well-versed in analyzing technical and client requirements; identifying and resolving complex technical issues; delivering first-rate client services; and coordinating team efforts to attain organizational goals.
- Effective at building positive rapport and working collaboratively with key stakeholders, clients, management, and other professionals of all levels.
- Proficient in determining system requirements and resolving technical issues quickly. Skilled in providing effective leadership in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
- High expertise in directing risk management initiatives while establishing, implementing and enhancing key information security objectives and control frameworks to maximize productivity.
- Experienced in managing and protecting enterprise information systems, network systems and operational processes through Information Assurance Controls, Compliance Verifications, Risk Assessment, Vulnerability Assessment.
- Systems Architect
- Computerization Infrastructure
- Network Design
- Quality Assurance
- Information Security
- Facility Management
- Project Management
- Network Administration
- System Improvements
- Project Design
Bellurbis LLC, Greater Noida Jan. 2019 – Sept. 2021
Senior Information Security Specialist
- Responsible to complete and deliver SA&A security documents to Confidential and SCA evaluators. Maintained SA&A packages, and meet the requirements in the Confidential Information Security (IS) Authorization To Operate (ATO) Package Guide.
- Performed Security Impact Analysis (SIA) for each system release in order to determine the security impacts to the system due to the proposed changes.
- Conducted static, dynamic and manual application security testing for the confidential systems that company works for and provide recommendations to the project teams to remediate the findings.
- Expertise to execute manual security test scenarios in order to uncover the security findings using manual techniques that automated tools may not found.
- Worked with the developers and architects closely with the proposed security solutions and assist them in following OWASP secure coding best practices.
- Lead the definition and implementation of POCs around PKI and other related technologies Experience in packet analysis and reverse engineering.
- Responsible to develop and update System security Plan (SSP), information Security Risk Assessments (ISRA), Contingency Plan (CP), Privacy Impact Assessments, and Security operations standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Space Consultants, Greater Noida Apr. 2015 – Dec 2018
Information Security Specialist
- Provided comprehensive on-going leadership and support for a variety of information security-related projects including sole leadership and strategic direction for information risk management while reporting directly to the COO
- Actively participated in various boards and committees to contribute to smooth business operations and growth
- Developed and implemented crucial security concepts while also conducting regular reviews and maintenance of security and business continuity documentation
- Established and integrated numerous security-related policies and guidelines including periodic controls and compliance
- Executed critical risk and business impact assessments and continuity and recovery management plans while addressing security and business continuity concerns in a professional manner
- Fully supported the recruitment, selection, training and development of skilled team members while monitoring for top productivity and efficiency
- Proactively reinforced challenging problem management/resolution such as the revision of root cause analysis process and documentation
- Served as leader for several initiatives including the development of a laptop security check, anti-virus roll-out, problem management, the launch of a disaster recovery site and data leakage prevention.
Clarivate, Greater Noida Sept. 2013 – May 2015
Lead Information Security Specialist
- Trained users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Monitored current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Performed scheduled vulnerability scans to ensure network stability and security.
- Performed basic junior admin roles by assisting with the update and installation of new programs and services.
- Troubleshot network performance issues, Recommended upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Provided support for administration for all file and application servers including backup, restore, monitoring performance and disk space, scheduled upgrades, and user security.
- Determined problems, implemented solutions for reported network access issues, ensures network (LAN/WAN, telecommunications, and voice) security access, and protects against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
Cognile, Greater Noida Mar. 2011 - Aug. 2013
Information Security Consultant
- Worked with Executive Administration, Risk, Legal, Human Resources, Marketing, Risk, Operations, and Technology.
- Created the framework for developing the Information Security Risk Assessment space in the corporate staff group.
- Managed a risk-based Security solution in a detailed security process that includes both Qualitative and Quantitate solutions that includes security mitigation with a routine gap analysis.
- Shared the responsibility for building the Information security team, and strengthening 3rd party relationships.
- Created a process for on-boarding managers from internal and external resources that included documentation with customized training for a closed, secure and highly regulated environment.
- Lead the socialization and development of the newly formed consulting roles. Managed security plan requests by assigning work, answering questions, and resolving disputes.
- Improved efficiency by providing documentation with training and support, that engages others to manage individual responsibilities in a way that supports the effort of the group.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science | Amity University, Lucknow | 2011
Certificates: Google IT Support Professional Certificate | IT Support: Fundamentals by Microsoft | Desktop Support Level 1 & 2 in real life – Troubleshooting
Platforms: UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX), Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista, Linux (Red Hat, Yellow Dog), Sun SPARC, VM/370, 052 Warp
Networking: TCP/IP, Novell, DEC net, Banyan, ISO/OSI, IPX/SPX, SNA, SMS/SQL, Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI, VPN, SSH, SecureID, PGP, PKI, HIPAA, CFR-11
Tools: LAN Manager, IS Real Secure, Checkpoint Firewall, Norton Firewall and Ghost, McAfee/Norton Virus Protection Utilities, HP OpenView, Network Flight Recorder, IBM Tivoli, Tripwire, Snort, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, FrontPage
Languages Known : English & Hindi
~References and other document’s available upon request ~