Resume of Import/Export Specialist in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : email@example.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes IMPORT SPECIALIST -leveraging 7+ years of experience
Import expert with extensive knowledge of import legislation, shipment routing, grading, and processing. Provides excellent customer service and pays close attention to detail. Ability to meet tight deadlines, company goals, and customer expectations by going above and beyond. Expert in managing strategic accounts and bridging the gap between manufacturers and logistics firms.
- Accomplished in managing strategic accounts and facilitate the communication between manufactures and logistics providers.
- Skilled in communicating with customers on container availability status including customs status, demurrage and eta to final destinations for all import moves.
- Proficient in maintaining and expanding carrier relationships, and coordinated releases and entry processing.
- Adept in adhering to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
- Competent in advising the department Supervisor or Manager of any transaction problems or irregularities.
- Responsible in ensuring regulatory requirements and proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, that exists for shipments.
- Customer Service
- Ensure Compliance
- External Customers
- Vendor Invoices FDA
- Regulatory Agencies
- International Trade
- Cost Reduction
- Internal Departments
- Business Units
- Raw Materials
- Proper Documentation
Gap Inc., Noida Jan. 2017 – Dec. 2021
- Coordinated release and entry processing for air and ocean import shipments into the country.
- Processed the necessary paperwork and documentation according to the requirements of the country.
- Conducted thorough needs, assessments of clients and identified opportunities.
- Maintained effective relationships with clients, carriers, forwarders, customs, etc.
- Followed company policies and procedures, all applicable Customs laws, regulations, procedures, and industry practices.
- Arranged/coordinated delivery orders, pick up numbers, freight availability and distribution of notifications for final delivery.
- Submitted data into the computer for customs clearance and prepared documentation.
Gramfactory Warehouse, Greater Noida Jan. 2014 – Aug. 2016
- Wrote checks & bill customers. Coordinated total inbound material from point of origin through to delivery at importer's door.
- Set-up and prepare documents for the timely delivery of import cargo.
- Scheduled, booked and followed up with delivery transport.
- Examined, classified, and appraised imported merchandise according to federal revenue laws, in order to enforce regulations of the country.
- Set-up and prepared customer and agent invoicing.
- Maintained current knowledge local, state and federal requirements and regulations and applicable policies.
- Ensured the maintenance of accurate records with adherence to applicable regulatory and legal requirements.
Education – MBA, UPES Dehradun, 2010
BBA, Delhi University, 2007
Languages Known: English, Spanish & Hindi
~References and other documents available upon request ~