Resume of Distribution Manager in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
DISTRIBUTION MANAGER-leveraging 12+ years of experience
Resourceful and results-driven Distribution Manager offering years of experience in strategic operational planning as well as coordinating the implementation of key projects, procedures, and action plans and managing teams within the automotive services and retail industries. Demonstrated history in cultivating and maximizing high-value business relationships and strategic partnerships. Exceptional knowledge of delivery operations, distribution legalities, and employee management. In-depth knowledge of warehousing practices, general accounting practices/payroll, and KPIs. Wide knowledge of inventory control practices, principles of inventory management, and elements of the physical distribution system. Skilled in selecting, implementing, and using warehouse management systems.
- Accomplished in overseeing daily operations, managing budgets, and setting performance objectives.
- Skilled in recruiting, training, and supporting general managers as well as conducting regular performance appraisals.
- Adept in developing and implementing business, marketing, and advertising plans.
- Proficient in managing internal and external stakeholder relations and negotiating contracts.
- Competent in planning, evaluating, and optimizing operations to be efficient and cost-effective.
- Highly skilled in handling business unit and department practices to align programs with company business goals.
- Operational Procedures
- Distribution Operations
- Company Policies
- Inventory Control
- Distribution Facility
- Direct Reports
- Distribution Centers
- Cost Reduction
- On-Time Delivery
- Distribution Network
- Order Processing
- Distribution Functions
Gap Inc., Noida Jan. 2017 – Dec. 2021
- Scheduled and appropriately deployed assigned personnel and equipment to achieve shift performance goals. Ensure appropriate materials/tools are on hand in order for smooth operation.
- Ensured a safe working environment through promotion of quality work standards, appropriate equipment maintenance and effective communication. Ensured housekeeping standards are routinely maintained.
- Ensured adherence to established planning goals and controls for all operations. Recommend any changes/improvements that enhance operational performance.
- Ensured quality, production, and labor standards are met/exceeded by auditing workflow, correcting substandard performance and providing associate feedback as appropriate. Troubleshoot workflow stoppages and take corrective action to avoid disruption.
- Coordinated workflow internal and external to the department through established communication processes and channels.
Gramfactory Warehouse, Greater Noida Jan. 2013 – Aug. 2016
- Managed distribution staff, including adherence to safety, security, procedural, and other DISH policies and procedures
- Standardized administrative, receiving, packing, and shipping processes to ensure timely access to materials and products
- Initiated organizational change and process improvement for effective and efficient team operations
- Participated in development of annual budgets including meeting deadlines and utilizing company resources effectively
- Managed and developed cross functional relationships and strategies to support organizational goals and objectives
- Oversaw hiring, training and recruiting needs. Manages the employee performance appraisal process
- Coached employees and provides developmental opportunities; providing opportunities for growth and purpose
- Provided accurate and clear communication in both written and verbal forms. Delegates effectively and shares knowledge
- Facilitated communication, innovation, and collaboration to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Travelled to meet with suppliers, customers, and industry leaders and attends company events or meetings as required
wellOwise Noida Apr. 2012 – Dec 2013
- Included all distribution operations for a 350,000 and 250,000 square foot, fully intermodal, 24/7, state of the art automated distribution and manufacturing centers.
- Eliminated outside storage and expediting for an annual savings of over $1million.
- Managed multiple facilities in achieving all inventory, budget, and order fulfillment goals.
- Established strong bonds of teamwork and loyalty and successfully supervised as many as 150 employees, eight direct reports.
- Wrote and implemented process documentation and procedures for local and national standardization.
- Developed and mentored associates from floor to management capacities.
- Aided in the development and design of the company management trainee program.
Enrage Tech, Greater Noida Jan. 2011 – Apr. 2011
- Responsible for the overall operating budget of $5M, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling of the 50,000 square foot facility.
- Managed 11 office personal and 30 independent contractors.
- Submitted billing and invoices to customers as well as collected past debts from customers.
- Handled all office HR issues with employees.
- Maintain a safe work area to minimize hazards and work-related injuries.
- Improved employee relations through motivation, feedback, and coaching.
- Monitored day-to-day progress towards operational goals; ensure team meets goals to fulfil customer requirements; make changes to staffing or operational plans to achieve daily throughput targets
- Worked cross-functionally with Operations leaders, HR, and Talent Development to set performance goals & expectations of supervisors within the operation, to drive improved accountability & employee engagement
- Coached supervisors on best practices in areas such as inventory control, storage density, material flow (inbound & outbound), resource allocation, and volume analysis
- Scheduled employees weekly hours, handled all employee requests for time off as well as any extended time off due to medical leave.
- Opened and audited locations for effective auto publication circulation.
- Monitored sales of dealer's advertisements and increased distribution based on the needs of sales leads.
Deutsche Bahn AG, Greater Noida Sept. 2010 – Dec. 2010
- Managed regional re-manufacturing and distribution center for analog and digital document systems.
- Managed office, technical staff, and warehouse personnel.
- Provided leadership to promote innovation, efficiency, and productivity.
- Developed, established and maintained policies and procedures documentation and implementation.
- Provided performance goals, coaching, and personnel reviews.
- Tracked operation objectives and accomplishments.
- Managed Inventory Control for 30+ million dollar inventory of parts, supplies, new, returned, and re-manufactured products.
- Responsible for executing day-to-day operational goals, focused on accomplishment of safety, quality, on-time delivery, and productivity & cost improvements
- Developed problem solving capabilities in supervisors by teaching LEAN problem solving skills (see, solve, share, coach)
- Participated in LEAN process improvement programs via structured kaizen events
- Worked with leader & Talent Acquisition to build & maintain a strong team; partner in activities such as recruitment, hiring, proper on-boarding, and on-going training to meet employee & operational needs
- Fostered culture of collaboration and teamwork - defuse, resolve, and reduce conflict
- Monitored leading & lagging key performance indicators (KPIs) for operational performance; track results and report-out to stakeholders on variances, root causes, and countermeasures to improve performance & reduce process variation
- Partnered with Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) team members to execute actions to improve safety & security of people, building, and materials
Education – MBA, UPES Dehradun, 2010
BBA, Delhi University, 2007
Languages Known: English, French & Hindi
~References and other documents available upon request ~