Resume of Controller in Text Format
Contact: 9953776253 | Email: email@example.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
SENIOR CONTROLLER MANAGER - leveraging 12+ years of experience
Highly effective Senior Controller Manager with over 12 years of experience specializing in finance, operations, and marketing. Adept at all aspects of accounting, auditing, including statement preparation, reporting, auditing, relationship management, and cost control. Proven ability to lead multi-million dollar organisations with huge workforces and with decisive leadership.
Offered an array of skills in cash flow forecasting, budgetary planning, productivity metrics analysis, team management, written and verbal communication, accounting, insurance policies, cross-functional collaboration, reporting and stakeholder engagement. Dedicated to increasing productivity through implementing accounting best practices.
- Proficient in executing administrative tasks like auditing financial assets and establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, & reporting systems.
- Highly skilled at achieving budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; executing corrective actions.
- Adept at providing status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Gained expertise in supporting accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Vendor Management
- Cash Flow Management
- Financial Statements
- Corporate Investing
- Payroll Accounting
- Asset Management
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Business Economics
- General Ledger
ICS , Pune | Jan. 2018 – Sept. 2021
Senior Controller Manager
- Maintained financial security by following internal controls. Supervised all payroll transactions and made sure they were processed accurately and timely.
- Performed monthly review of accounts receivable, contractual allowances and bad debt to determine the appropriate allowance for reserves and write off amounts.
- Prepared the monthly financial statements and provided senior management with a narrative of results and analysis of variances.
- Directed the activities of the information technology department in its development and review of systems, data processing operations and research, and review of management information contained in the accounting department and information systems.
- Coordinated and directed accounting preparation for the annual audits, including sales taxes, franchise taxes, income taxes, etc
- Reviewed all journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure transactions are accurate and recorded timely.
- Developed and prepared an FP&A analysis to assist the senior management team in analysing the company’s financial performance and key indicators.
- Analysed and interpreted financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance
- Developed and maintained project accounting process in order to allocate and report costs based on the company’s scientific programs and platform
NatWest Group, Pune | Apr. 2014 – Dec 2017
- Responsible for management of office, accounting and administrative functions for all the companies.
- Audited and accounted contact with an outside CPA firm for all accounting, reporting, and tax-related issues.
- Worked closely with the corporate safety director to ensure all regulatory agency requirements are maintained, injuries are properly reported and managed, training is maintained, and company safety record is upheld.
- Worked closely with the estimating department to review and evaluate estimates before submission and after completion of projects.
- Formulated and recommended proposals for policies on insurance, banking, receipt and disbursement of monies, custodial and investment matters, and on preparation and payment of payrolls and benefits. Participated in Negotiations and recommended execution of loans on behalf of the company
- Directed generation of consolidated financial statements, project reports, filing of federal, state, local, and sales, and tax returns.
- Selected as an accounting representative and subject matter expert to consult with various department core personnel on ERP system initiative.
- Determined erroneous local taxing authority assessment resulted in thousands returned through credits and refunds.
- Presented monthly financial results to senior management and department managers using excel and power point.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with trade creditors and outside professionals.
- Reported monthly and weekly operating results against operating plans and forecasts to senior management on areas of significant variance and proactively recommending appropriate courses of action.
Moglix , Pune | Feb. 2011 – Mar. 2014
- Reviewed, investigated, and resolved all variances that have been uncovered between forecasted and actual income statements.
- Developed and directed a highly effective accounting and IT organization. Established clear objectives consistent with the company goals.
- Controlled all the books of account of the company; keep accurate records of all property owned by it and its debt, revenue, and expenses.
- Developed and maintained procedures for strategic profit and capital planning and an effective system of budgetary control.
- Directed and coordinated company financial and forecast planning and budget management functions and ensuring the accurate preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Formulated and recommended proposals for policies on accounting, account receivables, cost accounting, tax matters, and compilation of statistics and preparation of financial and cost reports, the control and protection of company inventories and other assets, and government reporting.
- Assisted in planning and decision-making throughout the company through advice and consultation.
B.C.L. Finance and Securities, Mumbai | Apr. 2009 – Jan. 2011
- Managed and performed cost accounting, oversee inventory control, reconcile perpetual and physical inventory to a general ledger.
- Provide quality control in the monthly procedures of the accounting team by monitoring each departments operation and implementing procedural improvements based don the needs and direction of the company.
- Creatively streamlined accounts payable and accounts receivable processes in order to maximize efficiency.
- Provided training and support for current and new staff in all administrative functions of the office.
- Administered all month end closing procedures including sales reporting, cash disbursements, purchases, inventory, payroll and production reporting.
Managed accounting clerks; oversee all of their responsibilities including customer billing, cash receipts, payable approvals, cash disbursements, shipping closure, credit, and collections.
Helped to create and improve the company's new payroll process including time card verification, production hour's reports, entry of payroll and final reconciliation of payroll reports and journal entry into an operating system.
Masters Of Business Administration (MBA) | School of Business (UPES), Dehradun
Bachelor Of Business Administration (BBA) | Christ University, Mumbai
Certificates : Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) | Certified Financial Planner (CFP) | QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification
Technical Skill : MS Office | QuickBooks
Languages Known : English & Hindi