Resume of Chief Finance Officer in Text Format
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER-leveraging 17+ years of experience
Detail-oriented, determined CFO well-known for his leadership and specific proficiency in all areas of finance. Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to investigate and understand company demands, as well as generate thorough reports for external organizations while meeting or exceeding strict deadlines. Experienced at handling numerous projects at the same time in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments. Strong collaboration abilities and experience working in a team atmosphere, as well as the ability to work well with people from various backgrounds.
- Proficient in dealing with senior management to efficiently generate proposal budgets, offer access to project financial information, and handle contract/grant compliance and reporting.
- Responsible for investigating income prospects and economic trends, reviewing internal operations, and identifying cost-cutting and process-improvement options.
- Competent in risk management through analyzing company liabilities and investments, as well as evaluating and managing the capital structure and fundraising operations.
- Skilled in tracking performance, implementing corrective actions as appropriate, and preparing detailed reports, both current and forecasting, for earnings calls, management, and the rest of the firm.
- Expert in developing and implementing best-practice rules, methods, and tools that provide a well-controlled yet flexible organisation with solid budget management, project management, cross-team communications, and workflow.
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Statements
- Leadership/ Coaching
- Balance Sheet
- Accounts Payable
- Market Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Accounts Reconciliation
- P&L Analysis
- Cash Flow Projections
- Strategic Partnerships
- Accounts Receivable
Greenlam Industries ltd, Noida | Jan. 2019 – Present
Chief Financial Officer
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board, and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Responsible for continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
Sahni Natarajan & Bahl, Greater Noida | Apr. 2015 – Dec 2018
Chief Financial Officer
- Prepared and presented monthly financial reports, month-end closing, budget, variances, and cash flow reports, with internal and external audits to the CEO, COO, and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting reports to the CEO and investors’ financial statements (P&L, balance sheets, cash flow, forecast, budget expenses, asset, and capital investment).
- Established and managed an annual budget and monthly variance review to track expenses and minimize and reduce overhead expenses by 20% in renegotiating contracts.
- Analyzed financial statements data P&L, balance sheets, capital, and internal control from previous months to estimate future trends before the next quarter.
- Drove profitability analysis and developed a future business strategy to increase revenue and accelerate growth in operations.
- Met with future investors to obtain and close deals on mergers and acquisitions.
- Responsible for the annual budgeting process that includes determining guidelines and preparation and responsible for all treasury management functions.
Genius Consultants Limited, Greater Noida | Sept. 2013 - Aug. 2015
- Responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the organization.
- Oversaw ongoing development of financial and operational strategies and implementation plans to support them.
- Monitored internal control systems to ensure grant compliance, prepare for program reviews and annual audits and ultimately ensure the systems are strong enough to support turnover in key positions.
- Prepared and implemented an ongoing strategic plan with supporting implementation plan and quarterly reviews to determine if the organization is on target or the plan needs to be revised.
- Established department-level budgeting and expense reporting, increasing expenditure awareness while improving spending performance, increasing financial integrity, and promoting fiscal leadership.
- Eliminated 40 pre-existing internal audit points and instilled business compliance disciplines for the new integrated operating system through the implementation of business controls, procedures and policies.
- Reviewed all existing systems to determine where there is room for improvement.
S N Singh And Company, Greater Noida | Mar. 2011 - Aug. 2013
- Provide strategic and financial leadership for a dynamic and innovative fast-growing company providing complete solutions for defense against explosives, narcotics, and gunshot residue threats.
- Establish and integrate key financial objectives and procedures to ensure the attainment of corporate goals and objectives.
- Properly implement accounting and financial practices and processes with full accountability for all accounting and finance activities including capital budgeting, forecasting, strategic and financial planning, analysis, negotiations, investment transactions, corporate unit options, human resources, and payroll.
- Effectively manage and oversee the overall financial transactions, investments, and capital structure of the corporate and its parent company.
- Successfully consummate multi-million dollars in external fund-raising from the private investment community in a difficult and austere environment.
- Secure $2M in external funding by utilizing an innovative 'factoring tool' strategy resulting in significant improvement in cash flow and an increase in working capital without incurring new/additional debt.
- Develop a company plan reducing the monthly burn rate by 37% per month resulting in multi-million dollar savings per year.
Hewlett Packard Careers, Gurgaon | Mar. 2010 - Apr. 2011
Senior Internal Auditor
- Conducted operational, compliance, and financial internal audit assignments in accordance with established internal audit policies and procedures through reviewing documents, conducting interviews, and preparing work papers.
- Assisted with planning activities to develop the project scope and appropriate procedures, such as conducting opening conferences with management, obtaining and analyzing information to ascertain risks, and identifying and documenting processes and controls.
- Monitored the appropriateness of the original audit plan and amended the plan as necessary, keeping internal audit management informed of any changes.
- Assisted with establishing project time budgets, monitoring the progress of the project, completing the project on time.
- Prepared project work papers to adequately document the results, in accordance with company internal audit methodologies.
- Performed risk evaluation by interviewing business process owners, computer system owners, and internal control activity owners to determine the nature of operations and adequacy of internal controls.
- Internal Auditor | Optimum Business Solutions | Sep. 2009 – Feb. 2010
- Internal Auditor | Criteo | Jun. 2006 – Aug. 2009
- Tax Accountant | LALIT AHUJA AND CO | May 2005 – Apr. 2006
- Education – MBA (Accounting and Finance) | VIPS | 2005
- BBA, Indraprastha University | 2003
Languages Known: English, Hindu, and German
~References and other documents available upon request~
Chief Finance Officer Resume Sample, Resume Examples 2022
Get a resume like this
Explore more Samples