Resume of Career Counselor and Advisor in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
CAREER COUNSELOR AND ADVISOR -leveraging 4+ years of experience
Genuine and supportive advisor capable of helping students and people wanting to achieve academic panache. Possesses a non-judgemental view and provides justified guidance based on the capability and aptitude of the candidate. Provides strategic solutions to all career-related adversaries.
- Efficient to build and improve relationships with potential customers, mainly students and academic professionals.
- Skilled to review aptitude tests and provide abled guidance according to the ability of the student.
- Competent to identify potential opportunities and help clients in the forthcoming application processes.
- Expert in educating and informing clients about the recent career requirements in the industry.
- Experienced to attend to client complaints and resolve issues promptly and satisfactorily.
- Assist students to prepare for a promising job or a vocational course that would suit their interests, moreover update knowledge of the current career opportunities.
- Extensive knowledge in the field of Educational science.
- Ability to set contacts with eminent businessmen and renowned industrialists which helps student exploits promising career opportunities.
- Proficiency in database contact management applications and contact management strategies.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Career Counselling
- Job Search Support
- Psychoanalysis and Aptitude Test
- Personality Development Support
- Communication Skill Development Support
- Overseas Education Support
- Education Loan Guidance
- Application Support
- IELTS Exam Preparation Support
TimesPro, Bangalore I Jan 2023- Present
- Handle inquiries and leads generated through various sources viz. webinars, seminars, online campaigns, database, etc
- Manage online academic & career counseling for prospective students and their parents through telephone video calls and other mediums
- Responsible for handholding prospective students and guiding them through the entire admission process including admission tests and interviews, getting online admission forms filled, collecting soft copies of relevant documents, and collecting the initial admission amount
- Collaborate with Mass Rehab Commission (MRC) or Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) Counselor regarding employment and/or educational goals of individuals, and coordinate efforts towards goal achievement
- Understand and follow the guidelines and components of the Competitive Integrated Employment Services (CIES) model as outlined by MRC and/or DTA
- Identify competitive integrated employment opportunities specific to individuals in their Career Plan based on their interests, skills, abilities, and needs
- Conduct job development and job search activities directed towards positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the individuals served, following the principles of supported employment
The WorldGrad, Bangalore I Jan 2020-Jan 2022
- Converted qualified study abroad leads to admissions and guiding students to help them build a career overseas
- Provided thorough counseling to parents and students with the right solutions for every student's individual requirements
- Handled MIS system and shared reports on time.
- Identified and met both the personal and career counseling needs of all students on assigned caseload through individual counseling and group counseling sessions in accordance with PRH Chapter 3; 3.3 Personal and Career Counseling
- Assisted students in obtaining the appropriate support and resources needed to successfully complete the program
- Counsels and assists students in obtaining quality career development services and ensures students follow a career path of growth and development resulting in long-term careers and employment
Career Flight HR Services, Bangalore I Nov 2018 – Nov 2020
- Provided tutoring Services, including supplemental instruction; and Academic Advising for Undeclared and Exploratory students
- Carried out an instructional load of Major & Career Exploration and Foundations of Learning, managed student advisee load, helped to initiate outreach to students in academic jeopardy, provide academic counseling
- Developed self-awareness and self-understanding, identified problems and decision-making skills, set individual goals; generated and evaluated alternatives, and selected an appropriate course of action, including making referrals as appropriate
- Established and maintained contact with various campus departments to stay updated on campus policies and procedures and to ensure quality service provision for students
- Assisted with training workshops for faculty advisors and staff
My Career Lab, Bangalore I Oct. 2017 – Oct. 2018
- Provided professional counseling services
- Obtained and prepared social histories of clients for information to be reviewed by treatment teams and for use in referrals to other agencies
- Participates in the decision-making process of the treatment team including formulating therapeutic activities and recommending a treatment plan
- Managed a caseload by scheduling appointments, evaluating client progress in counseling sessions
- Performs goal-directed and supportive individual and group interviews with clients experiencing crises or multiple situational problems
- Education- MSc (Career Counselling) IISc Bangalore 2017
- B.Sc (Psychology) MCC Bangalore 2015
- Introduction to Psychology Yale University 2016
Languages Known- English and Hindi
Career Counselor and Advisor Resume Sample, Resume Examples 2023
Get a resume like this
Explore more Samples