Resume of Biomedical Engineer in Text Format
9953776253 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER-leveraging 6+ years of experience
Diligent biomedical engineer expert in innovating and designing technological solutions for the medical industry. Able to fulfil goals of improving the quality and effectiveness of patient care by creating medical devices, instruments, and software to run biomedical equipment, that improve the quality of life as well as the functioning of the medical industry. Efficiently works closely with professionals such as life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists to research the engineering aspects of biological systems.
- Proficient in designing and creating biomedical technology such as artificial internal organs and body parts, machines, equipment, and software that can be used for diagnosing and treating medical problems.
- Efficient in installing and calibrating biomedical machines, equipment, and software.
- Experience in evaluating the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical machines, equipment, and software.
- Maintain and repair biomedical machines and equipment, when needed.
- Biochemical Engineering
- Biomaterial Engineering
- Biomechanics Engineering
- Clinical Engineering
- Genetics Engineering
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- System Physicists
- Agricultural Engineering
Seneca Resources, Chennai I Feb. 2023 – Present
- Procure biomedical equipment and device package creation, development, staffing, and support for equipment and device replacement and modernization and system upgrades.
- Facilitate in manufacturing biomedical equipment, devices, system procurement package creation, development, and support for medical system configuration changes and testing for interfaces with the Cerner electronic health record.
- Conduct on-site project management for biomedical equipment, device, and system replacement, modernization, and configuration changes leading to medical device and system integration with the Cerner electronic health record.
- Participate in on-site project management for all related task performance and tracking performed by BMET/BESS staff to achieve medical device and systems integration with the Cerner electronic health record.
GE Healthcare, Chennai I Jan. 2020 – Jan 2023
- Responded to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, and perform repair and planned maintenance on customers' basic biomedical equipment to support the ability to effectively deliver healthcare services to patients.
- Performed preventative maintenance, safety/environmental inspections, and field modification instruction in our life care solutions equipment, ensuring equipment and systems are fully operational to support the timely delivery of healthcare services to patients.
- Maintained communication with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Worked a rotating on-call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
- Collaborated with field engineers to evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement repairs and assist with equipment installations.
Hayward, Chennai I Nov. 2018 – Nov. 2020
- Applied state of the art techniques in the area of expertise to develop new or improved products and processes.
- Lead small projects with moderately complex features under manager supervision.
- Planed, scheduled and lead cross-functional team in detailed phases of the engineering work on a project.
- Trained and demonstrated proficiency in engineering disciplines e.g. computer aided design, total quality management (6Sigma), statistical methods, materials science, design of experiments, software development, engineering materials and metrology. Possess knowledge of related disciplines.
- Utilized engineering tools to solve problems e.g. FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, process modeling, SPC, TPM, DMAIC, etc.
- Displayed a basic understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
- Studied, investigated, and recommended techniques to improve existing processes and products including equipment, material, or design.
- Provided solutions that reflected understanding of business objectives and cost implications
- Influenced and directed management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
- Managed activities and cross-functional teams within the business unit.
- Recognized as a technical expert by peers and other personnel within the business unit.
- Set strategic direction for an organization and represented the engineering function on the site’s senior leadership team.
Usgo, Chennai I Oct. 2017 – Oct. 2018
- Served as a staff advisor to the chief, healthcare technology management in the area of biomedical engineering as well as on other engineering principles and practices
- Assisted in the management of the medical instrument maintenance program, anesthesia record keeper and clinical information system management and medical device integration projects
- Ensured that medical equipment in the medical center is safe for patients and staff, reliable in its results, and experiences minimal downtime
- Managed all medical equipment recalls and hazard alerts, and investigates any incidents involving medical equipment
- Documented findings and actions taken and reported to environment of care committee
- Assisted in the personnel functions for the HTM service line, including the recruitment, hiring, and training of new section staff as well as the development of position descriptions, duty assignments and personnel management
- Kept a check on the requirements of the joint commission, food and drug administration, and other groups and ensured that they are met for the medical equipment program
- Provided leadership to ensure that high-performance customer support is provided to medical staff, nurses and technologists
- Shared responsibility of representing the medical center in meetings with manufacturers, vendors and their engineers in matters involving medical instrumentation
- Dispensed accurate, balanced advice to management regarding decisions to be made for new acquisitions
- Contributed in advising several committees in the medical center besides equipment committee, such as Bar Code Administration Committee, High Tech Informatics Committee, Critical Care Committee, Reusable Medical Equipment Committee, and Environment of Care Committee and sits on Committees when Chief HTM cannot attend meetings
- Education – M.Tech (Biomedical Engineering) Loyola College Chennai 2017
- B.Tech (Biomedical Engineering) SRM Institute of Science and Technology Chennai 2015
Languages Known: English & Hindi
~References and other documents available upon request ~
Biomedical Engineer Resume Sample, Resume Examples 2023
Get a resume like this
Explore more Samples