Resume of Admissions Officer in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
ADMISSIONS OFFICER-leveraging 10+ years of experience
Highly motivated Admissions Officer with exceptional communication interpersonal and organizational abilities. Adept at managing caseloads planning open house events and helping students navigate admissions requirements. Team player who works well with student staff and administrators. Professional with a unique combination of development/managing training, application support, and technical training experience. Adept at translating technical information through easy-to-learn delivery. Responsible for administrative management and coordination of admissions functions and reporting support. Participates in the development of strategic planning and marketing for student recruitment. Experienced admissions officer with a strong background in dynamic communication budgeting and finance. Recognized on a regular basis for outstanding performance ad contributions to the education and training industry’s success.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills to interface with faculty, staff, and students within the department and university.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability to independently diagnose and solve problems.
- Demonstrated aptitude to manage a large volume of work and to handle multiple tasks in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function effectively under the pressure of deadlines and frequent interruptions in a busy environment while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
- Comfortable presenting information in front of a large group.
- Proficiency with managing student prospect database tracking systems and using the database to generate written and electronic communications.
- Project management
- Program implementation
- Student interviews
- Analytical nature
- Strategic planning
- Testing and evaluation
- Process improvements
- Budgeting and Finance
Pace Institute for Girls, California | Jan. 2019 – Present
- Provide technical assistance and information to students regarding admissions, registration, records, matriculation, and enrolment; refer students to other areas of Student Services as appropriate.
- Instruct students in correct procedures for completion of forms, applications, and processes; explain applications, requirements, and restrictions; review completed forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Process application forms; review and determine the status of applications and forms; refer problems to supervisor for assistance and resolution; notify students of the need for additional information or documentation.
- Research and review records for changes in status, request transcripts, records, and other information needed to determine the status of applications and forms.
- Prepare and transmit correspondence for students, verifying student status and other information; respond to requests from other educational institutions and agencies involving the verification of student status and records.
- Ensure proper releases are on file to safeguard student privacy.
- Verify student records; enter, update and maintain class schedule changes.
- Register new and continuing students by reviewing and processing forms and rosters, verifying residency status and enrolling students in desired classes; assist in resolving student complaints regarding program errors; make enrollment changes for students.
St. Francis College, California | Apr. 2015 – Dec 2018
- Read, evaluate, recommend and advocate to the Admission Committee on which undergraduate and graduate applicants to consider for admission based on current university priorities.
- Act as project manager on medium to large sized projects/programs by establishing and executing project plans, timelines, tasks, and objectives.
- Conduct informational sessions for internal and external communities on a variety of subjects, (i.e., student life, research, internships, athletics, admissions), based on university priorities.
- Manage assigned geographic territory by researching, compiling and analyzing various demographics data. Create proposal for outreach and present findings to management with recommendations
- Further develop and strengthen relationships with secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni.
- Serve as a resource to other departments; represent unit/department at activities and events, meetings, committees and conferences.
- Responsible for the administration or management of a specific program and/or program budget.
Brown University, Rhode Island | Sept. 2013 - Aug. 2015
Jr. Admissions Officer
- Develop new relationships as well as continue fostering current relationships with area high schools & community colleges in assigned territory
- Visit schools and schedule activities in assigned territory that provide opportunities to speak with prospective students and student applicants
- Register to attend all college fairs in designated territory to meet with prospective students and family members
- Manage assigned territory independently while attending all area student events and activities to fulfill recruitment expectations. Events will include but not be limited to in class presentations, college fairs, transfer fairs, field trips, financial aid night, open house events and/or other area events designed to build student population
- Generate educated and informed inquiries from high school students in local territory
- Conduct concerted outreach to all students expressing interest in college and Keiser University by phone, email, text messaging etc....
- Assist students in making application to the university, retrieve test scores and transcripts promoting student profiles forward for acceptance decisions
- Conduct interviews with prospective students identifying their skills, abilities, motivations and fit for the university helping those who are interested to enroll at the university
- Manage time efficiently between interest-generating activities with prospective students and follow up with individual students
- Facilitate all facets of the enrollment process from the inquiry stage through student matriculation
YMCA Teen Centre, Brooklyn | Mar. 2011 - Aug. 2013
Assistant Admissions Officer
- Interviewed prospective students to determine their background, goals and objectives.
- Assisted students with the application process and partnered with other departments in the University to finalize enrollments.
- Followed up with students to provide ongoing encouragement and support.
- Customized an Excel spreadsheet to track enrollments and increase communication between new students and the University, which led to increased first week attendance and reduced drop rates.
- Created first campus quarterly events newsletter to be distributed to 350 students in an effort to increase student support and knowledge.
- Managed admissions department schedule to ensure proper coverage for the campus and disseminated calendar to management.
- Consistently awarded recognition for the highest start rate of new students, maintaining an average of over 93% for all years employed.
- Liaison to multiple corporations, assisting in employee education.
YMCA Teen Centre, Brooklyn | Mar. 2011 - Aug. 2013
Assistant Admissions Officer
- Resolve customer complaints or answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Interpret and communicate school procedures and company policies to students.
- Coordinate activities with other supervisory personnel or with other work units or departments.
- Counsel individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their educational or vocational situations.
- Review transcripts to ensure that students meet graduation or college entrance requirements and write letters of recommendation.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Evaluate students' or individuals' abilities, interests, and personality characteristics using tests, records, interviews, or professional sources.
Education - Bachelor’s Degree in General Management | Cogswell Polytechnical College, Sunnyvale, CA
Languages Known: English & German
~References and other document’s available upon request ~
Admissions Officer Resume Sample, Resume Examples 2022
Get a resume like this
Explore more Samples