Resume of Accounting and Audit Specialist in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : email@example.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
ACCOUNTING AND AUDIT SPECIALIST-leveraging 10+ years of experience
Senior Accounting and Audit Specialist with substantial experience in a wide range of financial and accounting responsibilities, including financial analysis, budget management, strategic financial planning, and report preparation. Expertise in building and applying complicated financial management approaches and accounting models to formulate and implement business strategies. In-depth understanding of a wide range of basic financial and accounting operations, as well as a track record of successfully improving bottom-line profitability and achieving corporate goals.
- Proficient in working with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Excellent in processing incoming payments by check, credit card, and EFT.
- Skilled in developing, implementing and maintaining internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Adept at overseeing and managing the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
- Highly skilled at preparing, reviewing, and analysing financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliation.
- Accounting Management
- Fiscal Program Development
- Financial Management
- General Accounting
- Accounting Revenue
- Maximization General Ledger
- Accounting Software
- Business / Financial Strategy
- Development Financial Analysis
- Process Development
- Report Generation
- Client Relations
- Regulatory Compliance
- Expense Reporting
Greenlam Industries ltd, Noida | Jan. 2019 – Present
Accounting and Audit Specialist
- Collects and verify invoices, bills, and checks by performing pre-audits to ensure both accuracy and appropriateness prior to payment.
- Corresponds with vendors, maintains updated vendor profiles, and processes vendor checks.
- Tracks expenses, processes expense reports and prepares analyses of accounts.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Perform financial and operational audits in accordance with the internal audit program.
- Review practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Report audit findings and recommendations to the appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial or operational findings noted during audits and conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor's attention.
- Perform other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the Internal Audit Department.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding industry's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards.
Sahni Natarajan & Bahl, Greater Noida | Apr. 2015 – Dec 2018
Accounting and Audit Specialist
- Developed standard procedures in compliance with the available records.
- Evaluated proposals, recommendations, and corrective action plan based on audit plans.
- Ensured that the audit reports and proposals presented for review meet anticipated expectations.
- Adhered to the company policies and procedures in developing and performing audits.
- Verified statistical reports for accuracy and completeness. Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Ensured smooth training transition for new employees to the company.
- Audited and corrected documents Process Incoming Mail Record and Receive Assignments.
- Performed cost-effective audit and verification of logistics service charges on the pre-and post-payment basis in a highly automated environment.
Genius Consultants Limited, Greater Noida | Sept. 2013 - Aug. 2015
Jr. Accounting and Audit Specialist
- Maintain ledger accounts and complete financial statements for the firm.
- Research and record complex analytics surrounding targeted trends used by clients
- Search for and correct anomalies in monthly bank account data, improving accuracy by 13%
- Discuss results with clients, offering financial advice and preparing financial improvement documents for client education, the use of which has expanded to other offices
- Forecast cash requirements for key clients to ensure adequate project funding with 98% accuracy
- Collected and verified invoices, bills, and checks by performing pre-audits to ensure both accuracy and appropriateness prior to payment.
- Corresponded with vendors, maintains updated vendor profiles, and processed vendor checks.
- Tracked expenses, processed expense reports and prepares analyses of accounts.
- Maintained files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Coordinated with other departments to streamline the financial processes within the company.
Master Logistics Solution Group, Greater Noida | Mar. 2011 - Aug. 2013
Assistant Accounting and Audit Specialist
- Assisted the CFO in developing a department of 8 from one that previously outsourced most financial functions.
- Prepared various accounting reports used by Executive staff for financial review and decision making.
- Negotiated pricing with vendors, adding money to the company's bottom line.
- Reviewed documents for compliance with financial regulations and implemented new procedures.
- Applied budget procedures to reduce overhead costs.
- Prepared and reported the company's closing production and collection information on a nightly basis to produce insight on financial goal status and projections.
- Coordinated the various planning phases of an engagement, including staff requirements and assignment of work to be performed by others.
- Reviewed staff's work papers for accuracy and monitor the program to ensure work is proceeding on schedule.
- Coached staff on teamwork and creating a positive work environment.
- Developed interview questions and determined audit objectives that ensured the auditee is in compliance with federal mandates and internal policies.
- Presented findings and recommendations to management. Developed and maintained a positive relationship with the auditee.
Hewlett Packard Careers, Gurgaon | Mar. 2010 - Apr. 2011
Assistant Accounting and Audit Specialist
- Monitored cash inflow/outflow to maintain sufficient cash balance.
- Projected cash inflow/outflow daily, monthly, and yearly Loan Management.
- Processed guarantee fee document and create accrual engine to recognize the expense periodically.
- Responded to bank inquiries related to credit line renewal or new agreement Account Receivable.
- Prepared A/R aging report monthly and follow up on collection status for pending items.
- Processed requests accordingly per FMC regulations and guidelines.
- Developed and conducted procedural training to colleagues and upper management.
- Assisted in reducing outstanding by ensuring accurate invoicing.
- Proactively researched and resolved data which resulted in accurate invoices weekly Ensured incoming emails and calls are routed to appropriate departments accurately and timely.
- MBA (Accounting and Finance) | VIPS | 2010
- BBA, Indraprastha University | 2008
Languages Known: English, Hindu, and Urdu
~References and other documents available upon request ~
Accounting and Audit Specialist Resume Sample, Resume Examples 2022
Get a resume like this
Explore more Samples