Resume of Academic Manager in Text Format
Phone Number: 9953776253 | Email : email@example.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/getsetresumes
ACADEMIC MANAGER-leveraging +7 years of experience
Academic Manager with solid expertise in customer service and student evaluation who is highly skilled and resourceful. Extremely well-versed in a wide range of certification requirements. Adept at maintaining stellar student retention rates. Dedicated to fostering an interesting, encouraging, and supportive teaching environment for all children. An exuberant leader with exceptional communication and leadership abilities. Building constructive and trusted connections with students, parents, teachers, and administration.
- Extensive expertise counseling students and teachers, as well as overseeing faculty education.
- Comprehensive understanding of school calendars and how to interpret them
- Post-secondary educational operational knowledge
- Exceptional coordination skills with students and faculty.
- Ability to ensure that all departmental goals are met
- Familiarity with arranging school-wide tests – MCAS, MAP, MEPA
- Program Development
- Advanced Knowledge of Technology
- Training and Development
- Administration Knowledge
- Administration Knowledge
- Middle School Education
- Staff Management
- Student Progress Reporting
- Differentiated Instruction
- Program Leadership
Pace Institute for Girls, California | Jan. 2019 – Present
- Open/close classes and assign instructors to these classes while working within the established KI curriculum and budgetary goals.
- Assign substitutes for instructors in the event they cannot teach due to illness, vacation, or emergencies.
- Hire, orient, train, supervise, and observe all instructors.
- Support instructors by giving them the information, tools, and guidance they need to be successful in the classroom.
- Regularly observe instructors provide feedback and ensure adherence to the program curriculum and standards.
- Conduct regularly scheduled instructor meetings and participate in staff meetings as assigned by the School Director.
- Work with other school staff to provide excellent customer service and maximize student satisfaction.
- Stay informed of new developments in the ESL field and communicate to school staff.
- Provide counseling for students on academic matters to ensure both student satisfaction and academic progress.
- Advise prospective, new, and continuing students on courses, classes, and services.
- Complete administrative tasks on time as assigned by the School Director or other national staff.
- Monitor academic record-keeping; maintain the academic portion of student files according to company policies and regulatory standards.
- Oversee the academic budget for the school by maintaining class size averages, ordering materials, and checking and approving instructor payroll with adherence to established HR standards.
- Handle and mediate disputes/problems between students and teachers, between teachers and teachers, and between students and students.
- Collaborate and effectively participate in marketing initiatives and events as needed.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities such as dedication, respect, cooperation, motivation, innovation, commitment to quality, excellence, and superior customer service to students, staff, and management.
St. Francis College, California | Apr. 2015 – Dec 2018
- Facilitated after-school academic support sessions assisting students individually with homework and platform-based learning, manage volunteers and tutors
- Met with teachers as needed to advocate and assess students’ progress; communicate regularly with caregivers, guidance counselors, and others in each student’s support system
- Participated in team meetings to meet the needs of students on your caseload and those of the academic team, including family engagement, planning team trips and cultural outings, organizing community service activities, facilitating team-building workshops, etc.
- Supported students in their academic and personal growth through programming and relationship-building
- Collaborated on program-wide initiatives including curriculum development and facilitation for summer programming
- Served as a member of the senior leadership team to oversee the academic department, implement organizational plans, execute on defined strategies, maintain a solution-focused approach as a leader within the organization, and resolve programmatic issues and concerns
- Worked closely with the Program Director to oversee development and implementation of academic programming to ensure consistency, high quality, and mission alignment
- Supported Program Director with academic staff talent management including hiring, evaluations, retention, promotions, and performance improvement plans
- Lead biweekly supervision meetings and academic department meetings
- Maintained consistent high standards for staff performance and program execution and hold them accountable for excellent programs on a daily basis
- Maintained relationships with partner schools and partner organizations to ensure a consistent flow of participants and integration into the school community
- Conducted regular school visits for students at our partner schools
- Build positive staff culture and work environment
- Fulfilled other responsibilities assigned by members of the executive management team
- Worked with the PD to coordinate academic staff scheduling and program logistics
- Oversaw academic and team budget in conjunction with the PD
- Collaborated with the Manager of Operations & HR to ensure staff adherence to data management systems in order to generate accurate data and program insights
- Collaborated with the Development and Communications Department to support the creation of organizational collateral, partnership-building, program marketing, and stewardship
Brown University, Rhode Island | Sept. 2013 - Aug. 2015
Assistant Academic Manager
- Developed instructional teams for content areas in assistance with the principal.
- Coordinated with several instructional teams to ensure that all topic areas were completed.
- Developed curriculum, reviewed it, and recommended necessary changes.
- Developed instructional methodologies and supplied personnel with necessary training.
- Participated in a number of conferences and workshops, as well as evaluated the performance of various programs.
- Assisted with class scheduling and preparing a master schedule.
- Administered and maintained departmental budget.
- Coordinated with human resources divisions and conducted interviews and appraisals of potential candidates.
- Maintained and updated student records, as well as ensured the preservation of all academic-related work.
- Assisted in the training of incoming faculty members by designing orientation programs for them.
- Participated in staff meetings and completed instructor evaluations.
YMCA Teen Centre, Brooklyn | Mar. 2011 - Aug. 2013
Assistant Academic Manager
- Effectively coached, trained, motivated, and led a team of high-performing Academic Counselors.
- Responsible for achieving new and continuing student start rate and persistence rate goals.
- Assisted in hiring, training, and developing new employees.
- Continually created and conducted weekly training sessions and team meetings to improve employee success.
- Involved in marketing, budgeting, and support activities key to department performance.
- Collaborated with Admissions, Student Accounting, Finance, and other departments to provide a quality experience to students, staff, and faculty.
- Assisted the Director and Vice President in establishing and forecasting start rate plans.
Education - Bachelor’s Degree in General Management | Cogswell Polytechnical College, Sunnyvale, CA
Languages Known: English & French
~References and other document’s available upon request ~
Academic Manager Resume Sample, Resume Examples 2022
Get a resume like this
Explore more Samples