Category

Resume Writing

Resume Writing

Designing the Perfect Resume – A Case

Design: verb (used with object) – to plan and fashion artistically or skilfully. Why we emphasise on the word designing rather than writing is because only a well-crafted resume will open up the gates to your potential employer. Almost 50% candidates are rejected for a job they deserve at the resume processing stage itself, because the resume is unable to highlight the true potential of the candidate. Of the 50% who go through to the interviews, 20% are those who the employer has almost selected in their minds based on the excellence reflected in the resume. The rest 80% (of…

Continue reading
Resume Writing

Indian HR Space and LinkedIn

It will still take some time to come to terms with the effect Twitter is having in the Indian social networking sphere and whether the newly launched Google+ is actually capable of uprooting the loyalty of Facebook, but one thing I have come to terms with is the effect LinkedIn is having in the Indian professional networking and Human Resource sphere! LinkedIn boasts of 115.8 million users worldwide (August 2011) and in June 2011, LinkedIn had 33.9 million unique visitors, up 63% from last year. LinkedIn recently (July 2011) also became the 2nd largest US Social Networking site in the US, toppling MySpace….

Continue reading
Career, Interviews, Resume Writing, Trends

Cool Resumes vs. LinkedIn Profiles vs. Resumes that Sell

Getting that job is undoubtedly the single most important thing in the mind of any professional looking for a change. How (s)he gets it, is the least important. Candidates today are much bolder in their approach towards employers and employment offers and at times do not flinch when posting their creative applications for jobs. As I browse the internet, I see many articles being written on the use of creative resumes and linked in applications. Let’s try to understand how each of these approaches present your case for candidature to any employer. Cool Resumes Business Insider writes an article on how…

Continue reading
Career, Resume Writing

Writing an International Resume

Our pre-conceived belief that we would be handling resumes from Indian professionals only took a back seat from the first day itself. The very first resume we handled was for a academician with a 10 year experience who wished to go to the UK and research. This particular case taught us a lot and opened us up to the international market and subsequently we designed resumes for clients flying for lucrative jobs to Australia, Middle East, US and UK. In this post I’ll share with you some points from our research which should help you write an impressive international resume,…

Continue reading
Resume Writing

Difference between Resume, C.V. and BioData

RESUME Resume is a French word meaning “summary”. A resume is ideally a summary of one’s education, skills and employment when applying for a new job. A resume does not list out all details of a profile, but only some specific skills customized to the target job profile. It thus, is usually 1 or at the max 2 pages long. A resume is usually written in the third person to give it an objective and formal tone. Structure: A good resume would start with a Brief Profile of the candidate, Summary of Qualifications, followed by Industry Expertise and then Professional Experience…

Continue reading
Resume Writing

22 Tips for Resume Writing

It so happens with us mortals that suddenly others’ resumes begin to look much better than our own 🙂 Well, here are some guidelines and tips which can help you design your resume better than the rest. 1. Make a neat and error free Resume Pay attention to detail and make sure there are no typos or grammatical errors in your resume. Have someone proofread your resume before you send it across because even the smallest error could become the reason for your resume’s rejection.. 2. Make a powerful opening statement. A solid, clear opening statement will not only make a good…

Continue reading
Resume Writing

Why Resume Service?

A Resume is undoubtedly the most important part of any job interview. A good resume can do wonders and an excellent resume can do magic for any candidate. On the other hand, an average resume is enough to kill your first and last chance of getting that elusive job. A good resume creates the image that the candidate has worked hard to express her/himself and boosts confidence in both the panel and the candidate. Remember, your resume is the first step you take to impressing the panel. Making an effective resume becomes all the more important for the off-campus candidates as it…

Continue reading